Download: 2013 State, Community, and Congressional District Well-Being Rankings
- Guest blogger Dr. John Anderson has an idea about what the "central tendon" of the healthcare industry really is.
- If you understand just how important #wellbeing is to your organization's success, you need a good way to measure it.
- Way to go @DeanOrnishMD! #ALSchallenge http://t.co/lEnMryzzWK
- RT @DaveRamsey: Join us on our online TV show at 3pm CT Tomorrow for Live on air #ALSchallenge EPIC answer from me! http://t.co/M1mz6go4JW
- Thanks @JosephCoughlin, @Healthways nominates @DeanOrnishMD @BlueZones and @DaveRamsey #alsicebucketchallenge http://t.co/Yj4w6bH5BS
- Infographic: More Americans Now Have Health Insurance, New Gallup Data Shows http://t.co/HyDvXgfrWo
- Did you hear Dan Witters of @Gallup on @NPR yesterday discussing the falling rate of uninsured Americans? http://t.co/An4tpVCzXz
- Urban Institute reports that 35% of Americans have a debt in collection and owe an average of $5,200. @urbaninstitute http://t.co/reyV70uHSN
- @WSJ reports more Americans are insured & seeking treatment. Findings from July's @Gallup webinar corroborated.
- Even if you have a chronic disease, improving your #wellbeing can make you more productive at work, new study shows. http://t.co/c3cdFqqsEX
- Guest blogger Dr. John Anderson has an idea about what the "central tendon" of the healthcare industry really is. http://t.co/zAAls149Md
May 08, 2011
Well-Being Summit participants heard best-selling author Daniel Pink speak on employee engagement and changing the world of work on Tuesday. Considering the decline in workplace well-being over the past few years, Pink talked about how workplace well-being can be improved through several key changes – the single greatest being motivation.
People spend half of their waking hours at work - disengaged. Because our well-being is formed while we are awake, our well-being at work is integral to our overall well-being. When people are disengaged, they’re not motivated – and this leads to lower levels of workplace well-being.
Increasing, enlivening, and enriching the workplace improve the system of motivation within the workplace. By giving employees context for their work, room to grow within their own interests in the workplace, and allowances to move beyond the day-to-day work they conduct, well-being in the workplace will improve and overall well-being will too.